WIT is looking to hire a Microsoft Consultant. This role will be responsible for end-to-end design and development of Microsoft BI solutions for our customers. This individual will work with end users to gather/extract requirements and develop BI solutions using Microsoft tools (SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Excel, PowerPivot, SharePoint) and underlying technologies. We are looking for someone who lives and breathes Microsoft technology and have ability to lead junior developers and assist in pre-sales as required.
- Work with customers to understand business processes, gather and document project requirements, and translate them into detailed specifications for BI reports and applications
- Develop data models for Data Warehouses/Marts using dimensional design techniques, snowflake, star schema designs
- Develop parameterized reports through Reporting Services (SSRS) from a variety of data sources and prepare for Web deployment
- Utilize Integration Services (SSIS) to develop ETL jobs move and transform data from source systems to a data warehouse
- Utilize Analysis Services (SSAS) to design multi-dimensional models while adhering to enforced development methodologies
- Performance tune SSIS jobs and SSAS Cubes as required
- Create and maintain advanced Power Pivot solutions, and integrate with SharePoint Business Intelligence features and functions
- Identify project risks and impediments, notify management, and proactively work with other members of the team to complete assigned tasks as defined by project scope, timelines, and budgets
- Determine testing needed to assure the functionality and integrity of reporting solutions, create test plans, and evaluate testing results taking corrective action as necessary
- Identify data quality issues and support data governance initiatives by participating in necessary activities including data profiling
- Assist in configuration and upgrades of BI software
- Prepare high-quality technical documentation as required
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science (equivalent professional experience considered)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the IT industry with at least 2 years of hands-on continuous work experience in developing Business Intelligence solutions
- Highly Proficient with T-SQL and MDX
- Ability to perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples).
- Experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements.
- Ability and past experience producing technical documentation
- Good written / oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated success working in a team-based environment.
WIT offers attractive compensation, excellent benefits, friendly work environment and a great future potential for the right candidate. Send your resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.